Today is Wednesday right?? I completely thought yesterday was Monday up until about 3. I mean, I went through my Tuesday schedule normally but my head legitimately thought it was Monday.
Ah I'm SO sorry for the lack of posts lately. I really hate to be one of those cliche "oh I've been so busy" people but gah I really have been. Works gotten busier, school's gotten busier and I've been having some issues in my home life recently. I did think of blog posts all weekend though and brainstormed some new ones!
SO WHAT! if...
* I'm really, really stubborn. I'll admit it.
* I'm writing this blog post instead of working out this morning.
* I haven't done laundry in at least two weeks... I mean, I've done little loads here and there for panties, socks, and sports bras, but I haven't full on emptied out the laundry hamper in a hot minute.
* I really hate when bloggers get all political on me. BUT instead of being one of those A-holes who leaves some bitchy comment, I just X out of the screen and come back for the next post. I understand that everyone can write whatever they want on their own blogs, however, I just don't follow bloggers for their political beliefs. JS
* I have a legitimate
hoarding problem obsession with cookbooks. I love them. I want them all. I could spend hours browsing Half Price Book's section on cookbooks. Do I actually use them? Eh, sometimes, most of the time it's Pinterest though. But sometimes!
* Were it not for Word's grammar check, I would be screwed. Spelling? Got it on lock. Figuring out when to use commas, semi colons, regular colons (are these what they're even called), fragments? Severely lacking.
* I'm supposed to be Pinning nursery ideas for this interior design project at school, but I don't want my friends on Pinterest to think I'm pregnant. So I just haven't pinned anything.
* I hate adding things to my coffee but this my friends, this is legendary. It's what dreams are made of. Or maybe it's just because it's something besides my usual bland unsweetened Almond Milk for a change?
Here's a few pictures and a recipe to brighten your day. P.S. Chloe just farted next to me.
This is what happens every single time I try to take a picture of the new puppy.
The only way to do weekend brunch.
Do I take too many pictures of my dogs? I'm starting to think yes. This is after I've already deleted a few so that I don't look like the crazy dog lady.
So I have this super fancy recipe to share that I made this weekend. Apple Pie! Not just any apple pie. Pillsbury apple pie! See? I told you it was super fancy.
Surprisingly, this pie isn't even that unhealthy. I mean all things considered. I only made a few changes: added more cinnamon, added vanilla, and added nutmeg. Oh and the recipe calls for 3/4 cup white sugar but I did 1/2 cup white and 1/4 cup brown. You know, because I'm just so creative like that.
I had an abundance of apples from my organic produce delivery last week so that's what spurred the apple pie thought. Guess what just came in yesterday's delivery? More flipping apples.
Ok so first, slice up your apples
Now ok, ok. I know. It's store bought, shame on me. But I just knew I wouldn't have time to make the dough from scratch on Sunday so instead of stressing myself out I just snatched up a package of these babies.
Mix it all together
Put crust in pretty pie pan and get rid of foil evidence.
Some guy in the reviews said to add flour to the
fake crust to make it flakier. So of course I followed his instructions.
Pretty self explanatory, right?
Put second crust on top and cut little slits in it.
Seriously, look how huge that bad boy was (that's what she said).
Now, I know you couldn't have made that recipe without the help of my pictures so, you are welcome my friends. If you didn't catch the recipe link up at the top of the recipe here it is again.